Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dinner Tray

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Another quick and small but satisfying project ... 
 A simple Pine Dinner Tray which I have made for my girlfriends mum as a thankyou for the tools she gave me a while ago.

I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable simply knocking together these small projects on request. 

The simple joinery for the side pieces was cut mostly by eye with very minimal measuring and mark up. I need to be careful that I dont get too lazy!
Another first for me was the Edge to Edge joint I used to make the base board from two pieces of 15mm thick by 145mm wide Pine.

The longest and most tiring part of this project was reducing the thickness of the base board to minimise the overall weight of the tray, while retaining flatness.

Lastly, a quick coat of Boiled Linseed oil to highlight the grain a little and I called it done.

I hope she likes it ...



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment